News And Announcements
Viking Conquest 2.032 is now available for you all to enjoy! If you have the game on Steam or GOG then you should automatically receive this update, but for those of you who don’t then you can visit our Viking Conquest Reforged Edition download page to pillage the latest version.
Some time has passed since we visited this year’s E3 expo, which has given us the chance to process our thoughts and reflect on our experience. We thought it would be a positive step to share this with you in the form of a new blog which you can read and comment on by following the link below.
Last week we had the chance to visit E3 and had an amazing time showcasing battles in Bannerlord. This was the first time our game has been available to play outside of our studio, representing a massive milestone in our development process. We are still gathering all of your feedback and thoughts on the event and we will be sharing our experiences in a blog later this week. Until then we would like to highlight some reactions from those who played the game at the event, which hopefully you all enjoy as much as we did!
We are extremely excited to be able to share with you two new videos showcasing our advanced battle AI and deep and intuitive combat system! Both of the battles shown are available as demos for press to play throughout E3. This is the first time we have made the game available to play outside of our office, marking a huge milestone in the development of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. We hope you enjoy them!
LOS ANGELES (June 12, 2017– TaleWorlds Entertainment has released two videos showing an extended look at the large-scale, epic combat in their upcoming follow-up to Mount & Blade: Warband – Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord.
Key Battle Improvements
Battles are at the very core of the series and play better than ever in the latest instalment.
- Advanced Formations – Merge and split forces at your behest, with intuitive but powerful control over the movement, form and behavior of every unit! Order heavy infantry to hold together, shoulder-to-shoulder in a slowly advancing but near impenetrable shield wall; or launch your cavalry in lightning charges using the skein formation.
- Battlefield AI – AI commanders can execute complex tactics, utilizing the advanced formation options to present a formidable challenge. Their behavior is drawn from actual historical tacticians, for example Alexander the great, who used his superior cavalry forces to rout their counterparts in the opposing army, before delivering a crushing blow to the enemy’s main force. This not only creates the feeling of an authentic medieval battle but also proves effective in-game, as in reality.
- Sergeant System – Commanders now designate units to other lords in battle, including the player! Execute the orders issued by your commander throughout the fight, and use your own instincts to do your part and help secure victory on the field of battle. Lead the horse archers as they skirmish and harass the enemy to disrupt their lines before your allies finish them off, or take control of the cavalry and charge into the fray to devastate entire units at once!
Key Combat Updates
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord also features greatly updated combat, which builds on previous instalments in a number of ways while retaining its intuitive, direction-based core that made it so popular among players.
- Directional Shield Blocking and Shield Bash – These two features revitalize the sword & board gameplay, making it a more engaging experience than ever before! Blocking in the wrong direction will not necessarily get you killed but it will cause your shield to break faster, leaving you defenseless against missiles and vulnerable against multiple foes. Shield bashing, a highly requested feature, temporarily stuns your opponent and knocks them back, lowering their defenses and giving you room to breathe.
- Attack Chaining – Swings that complete their motion can now be chained into follow-up attacks which can catch your opponent off-guard after a miss. Unbalanced weapons such as hammers and axes also use the momentum of the first swing for a faster follow-up!
- Improved Animations and Combat Engine – Huge effort has gone into making Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord’s combat as fluid and visually appealing as possible. Damage dealt is now calculated with a great degree of physical depth, factoring in the weight distribution of every individual weapon. This means that whether you are executing a perfectly timed thrust while thundering towards a hapless archer on horseback or shooting an arrow across the battlefield to whittle down your opponent’s infantry forces before the melee, the game will understand all of the forces involved and produce consistent, realistic and satisfying results every time.
“It is great to be back at E3 with Bannerlord, demonstrating the best Mount & Blade battles ever. Our team worked very hard on developing all aspects of the battles, which are so central to the game. We are thrilled to showcase our work and looking forward to seeing the response.”
Armagan Yavuz – CEO / Founder, TaleWorlds
We are extremely excited to be at E3 this year demonstrating battles in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. Our focus at this year’s expo is to showcase the game’s deep and intuitive combat system and advanced battle AI in more depth.
Your first chance to see some of what we have to reveal will be on the PC Gaming Show which starts at 10:00 PDT / 18:00 BST. Our announcements will follow, so make sure you keep an eye on our channels for the latest on Bannerlord!
We look forward to showing you more from the game and hope that you enjoy what we have to offer!