- Fixed a crash that occurred due to the morale interaction system when the last shot missile of a dead agent killed a target.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the player interacted with objects just before the boss fight cinematic in hideouts.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the player died during a battle.
- Fixed a crash that occurred on the campaign map due to a path optimization bug.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when exchanging prisoners in towns.
- Fixed a crash that occurred after finishing the Destroy Raiders quest.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when talking to a companion to promote them to a noble while having no suitable fiefs to grant.
- Fixed a crash that occurred after closing any scene.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the player wanted to forfeit a board game.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when encountering a party that is disbanding.
- Fixed a crash that occurred in party and inventory screens when the player "transfered all" while using the transfer slider.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the player "transfered all" while dragging an item in party and inventory screens.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when changing languages during the Rival Gang Moving In quest fight.
- Improved performance of morale computations.
- Improved performance of the Character Creation, Inventory screen and Scoreboard.
- Improved the random number generator and its performance.
- Reworked the transfer operations in siege to work in sequence over several ticks instead of all at once to prevent spikes when AI needs to do major changes in formations.
- Optimized the code behind campaign behaviour which will affect the general game performance.
- Optimized the code in relation to siege machines, formations and formation AI.
- Optimized the code and fixed spikes in relation to the recruitment of lord parties.
- Optimized the code and fixed spikes in relation to the war declaration.
- Optimized the code in relation to the mobile party and settlement cached variables.
- Optimized the code in relation to the settlement visitation score calculations of all parties.
- Fixed a memory leak that occurred when loading a save where the main character is in a faction.
Save & Load
- Fixed a bug that caused companions not to spawn in settlements after loading a save.
- Map info bar extended state is now tracked in game save data.
- Added the following game localizations:
- French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese and Latin American Spanish.
- You should be able to select these languages within the game options.
- We're still working on the German localization which will follow in the future.
- Please report any game localization issues you run into here.
- Added subtitles to the campaign intro for the supported languages.
- General localisation improvements.
- Chinese language updates.
- Added two new armors: Ornate Legionary Scale Mail and Decorated Legionary Mail.
- Added ballista covers to various towns and castles.
- Fixed minor bugs in various scenes.
- Improved some materials and textures.
- Fixed a bug that caused some villages to burn even though they weren't raided.
- Fixed a bug that caused the snow on the campaign map to disappear for a short amount of time during winter.
- Music intensity now increases slightly when the charge order is given.
- Added new animation sounds for civilian scenes.
- Updated ambiences in keeps and taverns.
- Fixed a bug that caused tavern music to play even when music is off in the settings.
- Added the new Mission Name Marker system.
- Changed mission name marker visuals (ALT key) from texts to icons. The names of these icons become visible when an icon is centered on the screen.
- Markers also no longer overlap, to let players see what location/agent is where more clearly.
- Changed the Custom Battle army size maximum from half of the current battle size option to a max battle size option. Meaning, if the Battle Size is Medium (400), both sides can now go up to 1000vs1000 from the previous 200vs200.
- Movement speed of a party is now visible on the top of the party next to it’s name for easier comparison.
- Notables that support the player’s clan are now shown in the Clan Screen - Income tab.
- Added a "CONTINUE" button to the SP launcher tab which loads the most recent save on the disk automatically.
- Added a new game option "Hide Battle UI" which disables the mission UI automatically for better immersion.
- Added icons and texts to crafting, inventory and the general weapon tooltips to show if the weapon is "Bracable" and/or "Couchable".
- Improved the Save/Load screen visuals, added hero health percentage value to save games and expanded the Modules section.
- Added a game option "Stop Game On Focus Lost" that will stop the game when the focus to the game window is lost (ALT-TAB).
- Added a label that shows how many days have passed since the start of the war to the Kingdom screen - Diplomacy tab.
- Added a tooltip line that shows owned caravans of a hero (noble or notable).
- Added governor perk information of the inspected hero to the governor selection tooltips.
- Improved the visibility conditions of quest markers (blue & orange exclamation marks) for issues and the main story.
- Instead of disabling the kingdom and clan screens completely, the actions themselves are now disabled while the player is captive.
- Encyclopedia search results are now shown in a better order.
- Added garrison information to the town management popup.
- Added hero deaths information to the war logs.
- Building completed and leveled up alerts were added to the lower left chat log.
- Added a cancel option while creating a party for a clan member via the clan screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused quest related mobile party trackers to be removed after save-load.
- Fixed a bug that prevented saved game tuples from showing non-latin characters if the file name included these characters while the game is in a latin character language.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the display of dungeon prisoners in the settlement tooltip.
- Fixed a bug that caused the prisoner conformity value to be reset after transferring a prisoner.
- Fixed a bug that caused the banner selection in character creation to not be applied in SandBox.
- Fixed a bug that caused the name and speed text to expand inwards to the 3D visual of a party. The text now expands outwards, keeping the party visual visible.
- Fixed a bug that caused the double click on campaign map to use the first double click location for continuous double clicks.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ransomer’s clan name to not appear on the captive's encyclopedia page.
- Fixed a bug that caused the quest giver to not have exclamation marks in some menus.
- Fixed a bug that caused the map notice (that says a tournament reward was added to the inventory) to show up even if the winning companion was not in the player’s party.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect text to display in the encyclopedia related to the rebel clan leaders/members.
- Fixed a bug that caused the thumbnail of the thrash item in the inventory to not load up.
- Fixed a bug that caused the wrong location info to be shown in the war prisoners bar under the kingdom diplomacy tab.
- Fixed a bug that caused wrong armour colors to be used during the tournament victory cheering animation on the scoreboard UI.
Battles and Sieges
- Added the new Battle Terrain system.
- The spawn positions and the facing directions of the attacking and the defending side inside the field battle mission are now determined by the encounter position/direction on the campaign map.
- Added 23 new battle scenes for the more recognizable regions. This increases the total count to 72. We are looking to further expand the pool of available scenes over time.
- Added the new Order of Battle system.
- A new deployment screen has been added which appears before every battle mission if the player's side of the encounter has at least 20 troops and the encounter is not a sally-out while the player is attacking.
- Players can divide their troops by troop types into different formations, using percentage sliders.
- Players can give preference to "Shield", "Spear", "Throwing" and "Heavy" troops in these formations with combinations of these filters (one or more filters can be enabled).
- Players can assign captains to these formations if they're the encounter leader. They can assign themselves to an empty formation if they're not the encounter leader.
- Players can give starting orders to these formations and place them before the battle starts.
- Values (sliders, filters) set in the OoB are saved between encounters.
- We've also improved the formation cards in the order UI. They now include an explicit number of troops with their types, ammo bar and morale of the formation.
- Improved the Battle Morale system.
- Agents will now slowly regain lost morale up to a half of their initial morale in battles.
- Ranged kills now provide morale to the killer's allies just like melee kills.
- Adjusted the morale damage for different weapon types.
- Fire ballistas now deal more morale damage.
- Morale damage from kills and fleeing agents has been adjusted for better gameplay.
- Fixed a bug that caused morale penalties to ignore detachments of a formation when applied.
- Increased the effectiveness of starvation as a siege tactic.
- Garrison parties will now not die from starvation. They will instead become wounded - and continue to consume food.
- The starvation penalty no longer uses (low) absolute numbers but percentages similar to mobile parties. Larger garrisoned forces will suffer more wounded troops due to starvation than smaller forces.
- Towns now show the food stored in their market to correctly indicate the amount of food left in the towns, giving a better idea on when starvation will begin.
- Reworked the climbing of siege ladders and siege towers with ladders which fixes issues such as:
- Not climbing some ladders/using only one ladder.
- The swarming and moshing at the base of three ladder siege towers.
- Agents pushing each other and getting stuck into gaps between ladders in siege towers.
- Re-pathfinding by going back down the ladders and out of the siege tower to then come back up the ladders again.
- AI agents having trouble climbing (attaching to) ladders due to not looking up at the ladders.
- Missing and walking past ladders and similar.
- Agents will now continue to raise the siege ladder even after taking damage.
- Implemented various other Siege Mission Improvements.
- Attackers can no longer flee while they are using ladders, siege towers or when they are on the castle walls. They'll fight to death.
- Increased the threshold for transferring troops around in siege (to reinforce defended positions with many losses) to reduce the small number of troops running from wall to wall too often.
- In some siege scenes defenders weren't able to perceive enemy attack directions correctly and defend the correct walls. Added additional pointers and logic to siege scenes to help recognize attack directions correctly.
- Fixed a bug that caused archer formations to swap places in sieges continuously.
- Fixed a bug that caused siege towers to sometimes spawn invisible.
- Improved the siege weapon reloading behaviour of AI agents that selects which agent will conduct the reloading.
- Fixed a bug that caused defensive siege engines to appear in the siege mission that weren’t built on the campaign map.
- Added a game option "Slow Down While Giving Orders" that slows the game down by 75% while the player is giving orders.
- Players can now command allied units while the opposing team is retreating. When enemies start routing, around half of the units on the winning side start cheering (ally units that are least likely to reach the enemy units) while the rest continue to pursue the enemy. Any order from the player can cancel the cheering behaviour.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from using the retreat (or done) button on the scoreboard when they were close to a fleeing enemy troop.
Character Development System
- Reworked the charm skill perk tree. Most of the existing charm skill perks were replaced with new ones. Charm skill perks now also have secondary effects.
- Fixed the known bugged perks and completed the partially implemented perks.
- Artisan Smith perk now works for companions as well.
- Random clan names are now generated for the player’s clan during character creation.
Clan and Party
- Improved the algorithm that selects the companion's equipment after upgrading them to a noble.
- Workshops are now inherited by the heir after the main hero dies.
- Fixed a bug that caused companions to talk about similar problems in the party consecutively. There’s now a cooldown for each type of complaint.
- Fixed a bug that caused companions to spawn without banners on their shields.
- Fixed a bug that caused companions that were promoted to nobles to have children that are older than them.
- Fixed a bug that caused separated companions to spawn in hostile settlements.
- Fixed a bug that caused castles to stop recruiting despite being below the wage limit.
- Fixed a bug that prevented family members from being able to join tournaments.
- Lord parties are now more intelligent while recruiting troops to avoid troop desertion.
- Fixed a bug that caused some parties to engage on the campaign map even though they are weaker than the party they are targeting.
- Parties will now be able to flee to their nearby allied parties instead of escaping into the opposite direction of the stronger enemy party that’s chasing them.
- Fixed a bug that caused some parties on the campaign map to get stuck near buildings.
- Fixed a bug that caused disbanding parties to get stuck on the campaign map.
- NPCs in armies can no longer solve issues.
- Armies will now take their cohesions into account when deciding to start a new siege/raid.
Kingdoms and Diplomacy
- Fixed a bug that caused the relation penalty for executing members of the minor/mercenary clans to multiply.
- Fixed a bug that allowed enemies to attack the player once released from captivity by paying a ransom.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to join a siege after a safe passage agreement.
Economy and Trade
- Reduced the overall item prices. Items with higher tiers are reduced more.
- Increased the selling trade penalty of high tier items progressively. The trading penalty when buying hasn't changed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the town's tax to become negative (the minimum value is now 0).
- Added "Crafting History" to the crafting screen. Players can now see and select the last 10 weapons that they've crafted in the crafting screen free mode.
- A better explanation of why the crafting order has failed has been added to the crafted weapon popup.
- The default/inefficient refining recipe is now hidden after the player unlocks the "Charcoal Maker" perk.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the switching of characters while smithing after selecting a crafting order and switching to the refine/smelt options.
Quests & Issues
- Added dragon banners and pieces to the Campaign mode which can be acquired by completing the storyline quests. (Not equippable for missions as of yet.)
- Added missing exclamation marks for quest related heroes and location.
- Completing the Army Needs Supplies quest will now increase the food of the army.
- Deliver Herd quest:
- Updated the selected livestock.
- Removed the partial delivery option.
- Decreased the crime rating penalty from 30 to 20.
- Updated the reward.
- Needs Manual Laborers quest:
- Decreased the quest time limit from 30 to 10.
- Updated the maximum prisoner limit to a random number between 30 and 50.
- Added new quest logs.
- Removed the Headman power and relation loss.
- Lady/Lord Needs a Tutor quest:
- Fixed a bug that caused the quest hero to get stuck in our clan if the quest giver died and the quest was canceled.
- Village Needs Grain Seeds quest:
- Updated the success relation gains.
- Updated the grain amount formula.
- Revenue Farming quest:
- Increased the duration for gathering all taxes per village.
- Improved some texts and logs.
- Instead of using a pop-up, the player now has to deliver the collected revenue to the quest giver noble or to one of the settlements that belong to them.
- Updated all the quest event consequences and conditions.
- Quest event consequences will now be shown as notification.
- Added two new quest events.
- Merged some quest notifications into one notification.
- Player has to have at least 20 healthy troops to start the revenue collection progress.
- Disrupt Supply Lines quest:
- Increased the number of settlements that caravans visit to 6.
- The quest caravan now leaves the first town 5 days after the quest initiation.
- Changed the quest caravan party model.
- Changed the quest caravan party base speed to 4.
- Rescue Your Family quest:
- Last seen locations of the siblings are now updated after the quest gets completed.
- Radagos is now locked while entering the quest's hideout.
- Betting Fraud quest:
- Decreased the quest’s rewards.
- Decreased the relationship bonus with the counter offer’s offering hero.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Landlord Needs Manual Laborers quest to be impossible to successfully resolve.
- Fixed a bug that caused the loading screen to freeze if the Rival Gang quest had been taken while having Train Troops or Rescue Your Family quests active.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Escort Merchant Caravan quest's caravan trade rumors from updating.
- Added a pop up message that notifies the player to recruit more troops if needed while traveling during the Locate and Rescue Traveller quest.
- Added a pop up that explains the situation after the main party retreats in the Radagos' Hideout during tutorial phase.
- The main hero is now healed to 50% of the maximum health after the main party is defeated or has retreated in the Radagos' Hideout during tutorial phase.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the main hero to recruit prisoners during tutorial.
- Fixed a bug that caused some main storyline quests' remaining days to be set wrong.
- Fixes a bug that caused wrong reasons for the player’s inability to take a quest to be given.
- Fixed a bug that caused some quest initial dialogues to be empty.
Conversations & Encounters
- Added the ability to create a new party or attach the companion to your own party via a conversation after rescuing a companion during battle.
- Added additional beggar conversation lines.
- Dialogue options are now listed across several “pages” instead of a long list (max 5 options on each page).
- Fixes a bug that caused the player to answer their own questions in workshops.
- Fixed a bug that caused the dialogue to repeat over and over again after rescuing an imprisoned enemy noble.
- Added a dialogue response which let’s the player know if a courtship NPC becomes ineligible.
- Renamed Warlord Scale Armor to Scale Warlord Armor.
- Renamed Footman Padded Coat to Padded Footman Coat.
- Changed the name of bolt items from singular to plural (Bolts).
- Battanian skirmisher, Battanian veteran skirmisher and the Battanian wildling now use an axe, a shield and 2 sets of javelins.
- Removed javelins from the Battanian Oathsworn.
- The Aserai Mamluk no longer uses maces, instead they exclusively use iron scimitars.
- Replaced helmets of the Battanian Skirmisher and Veteran Skirmisher with each other.
- Updated the Oathsworn weapon to now have a One Handed Bearded Axe and added the Highland Throwing Axe.
- The following shields are now of khuzait culture: Tribal Steppe Shield, Round Steppe Shield, Wicker Square Shield, Wicker Square Tournament Shield, Reinforced Wicker Square Shield and Wicker Shield.
- Moved the Militia troops to Tier 2 and the Veteran Militia troops to Tier 3 slots.
- Reduced Half Scaled Barding's armor value to 40 (from 76).
- Reduced Scale Barding's armor value to 50 (from 125).
- Heavy Quarrels now have +3 Piercing Damage and are assigned to the Imperial Sergeant Crossbowman.
- Light Quarrels now have +1 Piercing Damage and are assigned to the Imperial Crossbowman.
- Sturgian Archer now has a skill level of 100 Athletics (was 60), 50 Riding (was 100) and 25 Crossbow (was 15).
- Varyag now has a skill level of 70 Athletics (was 60) and 40 Riding (was 70) and 30 Two Handed (was 10).
- Sturgian Otroki now has a skill level of 40 Athletics (was 20) and 20 Riding (was 40).
- Varyag Veteran now has a skill level of 80 Riding (was 45), 35 Bow (was 45), 15 Crossbow (was 20) and 80 Throwing (was 100).
- Added a new cheat "campaign.add_supporters_for_main_hero [Number]". This adds supporters to the main clan which are selected from existing notables that already support or don’t support other clans.
- Added a new cheat "facegen.show_debug [0-1]". This enables all of the Build, Weight and Age sliders for body generation.
- Added a new cheat “campaign.list_all_parties_and_armies_of_kingdom”. This shows every party and army of a faction on the campaign map.
- Renamed the Horse, Sumpter Horse and War Horse classes to Mount, Pack Mount and War Mount respectively.
- Rewrote the Imperial culture description.
- Changed village names in custom battle to uppercase.
- Fixed a bug that caused notables from incorrect cultures to spawn in some villages.
- Fixed a bug which caused the hideout boss' companions to not cheer when the boss defeated the player during the duel phase.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a client joined an ongoing multiplayer match.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when players tried to rotate siege machines at the end of a match.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the cosmetics are disabled.
- Item Customization: Added around 40 new items, including some high tier battle crowns.
- Added plural suffixes to multiplayer gloves.
Design & Balance
- Introduced changes to the flag capture system (doesn't affect the Siege game mode):
- The closest player to the flag is still the one that dictates whose team is capturing the flag.
- Enemies in the zone near the flag now slow down the capture speed. The more enemies there are, the slower the capture speed. This effect is mitigated if more allies join the fray.
- The match doesn't end if there's an enemy in the zone near the flag even if the morale runs out. If there's an enemy on the final flag, the round continues until the enemy captures the final flag, the enemy is killed or the enemy steps out of the zone near the flag.
- Echerion: Fixed a wall LOD that was flickering from a distance.
Other - Miscellaneous
- Updated the kick poll rules. All teammates must now agree to kick the target player in Skirmish and Captain modes.
- New Player Profiles
- Reworked the player information in the Multiplayer Lobby. When you enter the lobby, you are now greeted with the new player profile information.
- A summary of the important player data is displayed in that section.
- The social tab has been reworked into a single Profile page.
- The profile page includes Statistics, Badges, Clan, Bannerlord ID and more.
- You can also view profile pages of your in-game friends and clan members by using the friends list and the clan roster pages.
- Added a clan section to the friends panel to see the status of clan members.
- Earned badges are now shown on the after-battle loot popup, together with the earned loot.
- Added a game option "Report Shouts" that enables/disables other players' shout reports in the chat log.
- Server filter options "Has Players", "Not Full" and "Has Password Protection" are now saved between game sessions.
- Fixed a bug that caused perk selections to not be updated in non Captain and Skirmish modes.
- Fixed a bug that caused the "end of the round UI" to not display the "Draw" result.
- Fixed layout issues with the player badge visuals.
- Fixed a bug that caused the scoreboard to stay visible if the team selection came up while the scoreboard was enabled.
- Fixed localization bugs in the Customization tab.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the player tried to take a fire pot while kicking.
- Fixed a bug that caused snow particles to look like lines.
- Fixed a bug that caused siege weapons to change direction when destroyed.
- Added missing sounds for siege engines.
- Updated the castle gate break sounds.
- Updated the siege boulder impacts.
- Fixed a bug that caused many weapon impact sounds to not trigger after a certain distance.
- Fixed a bug that caused some siege engines to have a robotic sound.
- Fixed a bug that caused burning jars to not make a sound on some surfaces.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player's sounds to jump around in the 3D space.
- Fixed many minor issues with ambient sounds.
- Renamed the "Escape Menu" to "Pause Menu".
- The correct "Mixed Formation" shouts are now played when the player selects a mixed formation.
- Fixed a bug that caused the launcher process to not close correctly in some instances.
- Fixed a bug that caused ballistas to not be responsive to gamepad inputs.
- Fixed localization issues in the options performance tab.
- Fixed a bug that caused CTRL+V to not work for Build, Weight and Age values even if they're shown to the player.
- Fixed several spikes related to loading animations from the disk.
- Fixed several spikes related to the animation system.
- Improved performance of the sound system.
- Fixed an animation bug that occurred when the player pressed the “Use” button again while picking up a stone.
- Fixed some technical issues with running animations.
- Corrected the javelin equipping animation.
- Bastard weapons can now be used as one-handers by using the alternative switch toggle while they are in the two-handed mode. They still switch between one-handed and two-handed mode automatically by wielding/sheathing a shield.
- Players are now able to zoom-in using ballista.
- Reduced damage of individual projectiles for siege engines that fire multiple projectiles.
- Fixed a bug that caused ranged units to remain unequipped when the “Hold your fire” order was given.
- Fixed a bug that caused troops in the shield wall formation to not attack the enemy.
- Fixed a bug that caused ranged units in formations that encourage shield usage not to attack.
- For further explanation and additional information on the modding changes check the following thread: e1.7.0 Modding Adjustments.
- Added new dependency types in SubModule.xml & other improvements.
- <DependedModule/> Node now supports the Optional attribute. If Optional is true, the launcher will only check if the Depended module is loaded before the current submodule. If Optional is false, the launcher will also check if the Depended module is enabled or not.
- <ModulesToLoadAfterThis/> Node has been added. Modules given in this scope will be forced to load after the current submodule. Essentially an inverse dependence.
- <IncompatibleModules/> Node has been added. If any module given in this scope exists and is enabled, the module defined in the node will be disabled. Doesn't depend on load order.
- Syntax examples for <ModulesToLoadAfterThis/> and <IncompatibleModules/> have been added to the Native SubModule.xml. DependedModule-Optional syntax has been added to the rest of the SubModule.xmls.
- Launcher sprite sheets are now located in the Modules/Native/LauncherGUI so that modders can overwrite or add new images for the launcher.
- Cultural feats have been moved into CultureObject and are now loaded from XMLs. This allows for much easier replacing or adding of new culture-specific advantages/disadvantages.
- Child, wanderer, notable, lord and rebel hero templates were moved into CultureObject and are now loaded from XMLs.
- Mercenary troops for each culture can now be determined in XMLs.
- Added a new XML (weapon_descriptions.xml) to make weapon descriptions moddable.
- Removed the PartyBase.Leader, MobileParty.Leader variables. Moved the PartyLeader variable to the PartyComponent.
- Added more informative errors and warnings for invalid/missing XMLs.
- Made reload animations moddable. They now support up to 15 reload phases.
- Fixed a bug that caused the covers_head flag and its usage on helmets to crash the game.
- Added TickRequirement.TickParallel to provide a multithread tick mechanism for scripts. Can be used with OnTickParallel callback.
- Added a custom base party speed set option for the custom party component.
- Added custom harness and mount set options for the custom party component.
- Added the AvoidHostileActions parameter option for custom party component which prevents the party from being hostile with the encountered party.
- Fixed a crash that occurred in the editor when closing the scene.
- Fixed a crash that occurred in the editor when trying to add the ladder spawner.
- Added slope and height filters to the smoothen brush.
- Added the ability to select the relevant path by selecting any of the path nodes in the editor.
- Added a tool that checks the validity of destructible states of destructible components.
- Reinforced the scene problem checking tool with new additions to the navigation mesh controls.
- Fixed a bug that caused terrain nodes to only be visible from certain angles and distances on newly
- created terrains.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the modification of newly created terrains.
- Fixed a bug that caused the importer to create redundant mesh vertices.
- Fixed the activation delay parameter of the particle system.
DISCUSS THIS POST HERE!